The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) Annual Meeting is taking place in Chicago on March 22-26. Arthrex will be in attendance showcasing its newest innovations in person.
With more than 1,000 new products introduced annually, Arthrex offers the latest technologies in orthopedics, sports medicine, and more to meet our mission of Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better.
Use the links below to browse the featured products from each product category:
- Synergy Imaging & Resection
- Distal Extremities
- Shoulder & Elbow
- NanoScope System
Click here to create an account to stay connected with Arthrex and gain access to premier surgical technique videos and new product information.
A Year of Innovations
The top video from 2021: FiberStitch™ Implant System: Arthroscopic Demonstration
Below are the most popular videos from 2021 highlighting the latest in Arthrex techniques and technologies:
- The Clinical Value of the NanoScope Operative Arthroscopy System
- ApolloRF® SJ50 Probe
- IntraOsseous BioPlasty® Technique for Bone Marrow Lesions of the Knee
- Arthroplasty Patient Outreach and Education
- Eclipse™ SpeedScap™ Implant System and Subscapularis Repair for aTSA
- Arthrex iBalance® TKA System Helps Former Pro Football Coach
- SuturePlate™ II Patella Fracture Repair System
- Trochanteric Nail System With Telescoping Lag Screw
- Ankle Fracture Revision Using a FibuLock® Nail and TightRope® XP Implants
- Achilles Midsubstance SpeedBridge™ Implant System
- Distal Biceps Tenodesis Repair Using the FiberTak® Button
- Biceps Tenotomy vs Tenodesis: Literature Review and Rationale for Tenodesis
- SpeedBridge™ Repair With Knotless Medial Pulley
- The Next Generation - Knotless 1.8 FiberTak® Soft Anchors
- SwiveLock® Suture Anchors
- Acetabular Labral Augmentation Using Knotless 1.8 Hip FiberTak® Soft Anchors
- Open Proximal Hamstring Tendon Repair Using a Knotless SpeedBridge™ Construct
- Five-Stranded Hamstring Graft Using FiberTag® TightRope® Implant
- QuadPro™ Tendon Harvester Graft Harvesting System
- ACL Quad Graft: Retrospective Review of 1300 Procedures
- AutoCart™ Procedure in the Hip With the GraftNet™ Collector
Subscribe to Arthrex: What's New in Orthopedics on YouTube to see more.
BunionPain.com is the latest patient-focused website dedicated to education around the causes of bunions and possible treatment with the Arthrex Minimally Invasive Bunionectomy. Visit this site to explore the highlights of this technique and find a doctor to perform the procedure.
Learn more about the Arthrex Minimally Invasive Bunionectomy and hear stories from real-life patients here.
Surgeons: Contact your Rock Medical Representative to find out about how you can be added to BunionPain.com.
We are thrilled to be on the Top Workplace list for the second year in a row!
This award is significant because it is based on direct feedback from our team members. This past year has been challenging for all, and our team came together to overcome a lot of adversity. Throughout it all, they have continued to champion our core values (Team, Exceed Expectations, Trust, Passion, Value, Clinical Expertise, and Accountability) to make Rock Medical an amazing place to work!
Below are some highlights from this year's employee survey that led to us receiving the Top Workplace honor...
- "I love my job and what I do! I care deeply for my teammates and customers!"
- "Something that makes me feel appreciated at Rock Medical is the constant feedback and communication I receive from my team."
- "The team structure is critical to our success in the market and to work-life balance."
- "The sense of accomplishment when a [surgical] case goes well and a surgeon truly values my input."
- "You can grow as much as you want and are encouraged to do so."
- "All of our benefits are great. Rock continues to make them even better to stay competitive with others and show employees they care for their well-being."
This year's winners were announced on Sunday, June 27th in a special issue of The Plain Dealer. Click here to see the complete list.
We are so proud of our team for their perseverance throughout the challenging times this past year and for their dedication to Rock Medical!
Arthrex is proud to announce three products and platforms are finalists for the 2021 Edison Awards, honoring excellence in innovation. The InternalBrace™ technique, NanoScope™ system, and OrthoPedia® have been recognized in the categories of Advanced Surgical Instruments, Surgical Visualization Platforms, and Dynamic Learning Platforms. Learn more about these Arthrex Innovations here.
In the interview featured below, President and Founder Reinhold Schmieding discusses the Arthrex mission, Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better™, and how it has led to more than 14,000 product innovations that advance minimally invasive orthopedics. This interview with veteran journalist Miles O’Brien was featured at the 2021 Edison Awards, where Reinhold and Arthrex were presented with the organization’s highest honor, the Edison Achievement Award. Hear how Reinhold and the Arthrex team’s passion, curiosity, creativity, and persistence transform ideas into innovations that change orthopedics at the nexus of What’s New:
Today, April 1st, we are celebrating our 20th Anniversary at Rock Medical! It is an honor and privilege to represent Arthrex while serving local surgeons throughout Northern Ohio. Since 2001, we have grown from a company of one to a team of more than 50 talented sales and support consultants. Our growing team of highly skilled professionals is dedicated to just one mission of Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better.
In addition to team size, we have transformed and expanded in countless ways over the years. Just to name a few…
- Company Name: Ramsay Medical to Rock Medical
- Sales & Service Area: Northeast Ohio to all of Northern Ohio
- Local Medical Education & Training Capability: no local lab to mobile learning center to multi-station lab (as seen in these photos below.)
The last 20 years have been truly incredible! Bring on the next 20!
We would like to recognize our Arthroplasty Product Manager, Matt Schneider, for recently having his anatomical technique illustrations published in two major peer-reviewed orthopedic journals…
Tuberosity Repair in Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty for Fracture Using a Stem-Based Double-Row Repair: A Cadaveric Biomechanical Study1
Subscapularis Repair During Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty Using a Stem-Based Double-Row Repair2
(See below for full citations of each)
Illustrations (left to right): The greater and lesser tuberosities prepared with sutures, the prepared humeral implant for tuberosity repair, and the final construct with humeral stem implanted and tuberosities repaired.
Illustrations showing double-row repair of subscapularis tendon.
These illustrations are truly extraordinary, so we followed up with Matt on his talents…
How did you teach yourself to draw so well? How does it help you in your role?
I have always been a visual learner. I like to sketch things out to get a better understanding. Drawing has always been something that comes relatively easy to me. For example, with any home improvement project, I will first sketch it out to scale with graph paper, and sometimes even draw it out three-dimensionally to have the best understanding of what it might look like when it’s completed.
When I am with the team discussing concepts and theories of procedures, I always have a pen and some paper to drive home what I am trying to explain. The fracture technique drawing that I created was originally just a quick illustration that was meant to be a custom ‘technique guide’ for our reference in the field. Nothing previously existed to help visualize what was happening with the suturing technique, so by drawing it, we could all better understand the procedure. I think it helps especially if you are a visual learner.
Is drawing a hobby of yours?
Drawing is certainly not a hobby. I simply draw when I am trying to better understand or visualize something that I can only see in my head. I have also been forced over the years to draw ‘coloring pages’ for my kids. When they were younger, they always wanted to color something that I drew instead of their coloring books.
What excites you most about our Arthroplasty Products?
The speed at which our Shoulder Arthroplasty platform is advancing is what excites me the most. The focus on innovation is constant and we continue to have the latest and best technologies to offer to our surgeons.
“I can say with full confidence that no other representative has had as much involvement and exposure to our platform advancements in real-time as our very own valued resource, Matt Schneider. He was integral in helping the designing surgeons optimize our unique soft tissue techniques from the earliest stages of development. Before technique guides existed, Matt took it upon himself to create his own, and the results are extraordinary.” - Zac Price, Director of Sales & Development
Matt has been exceeding our surgeons’ expectations at Rock since 2007, and we are grateful to have him on our team!
1Erickson, Brandon J. MD; Shishani, Yousef MD; Bishop, Meghan E. MD; Romeo, Anthony A. MD; Lederman, Evan MD; Gobezie, Reuben MD Tuberosity Repair in Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty for Fracture Using a Stem-based Double-row Repair, Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons: March 18, 2020 - Volume Publish Ahead of Print - Issue - doi: 10.5435/JAAOS-D-19-00667
2Erickson BJ, Shishani Y, Bishop ME, Patel M, Jones S, Romeo AA, Lederman ES, Gobezie R. Subscapularis Repair During Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty Using a Stem-Based Double-Row Repair: Sonographic and Clinical Outcomes. Orthop J Sports Med. 2020 Mar 9;8(3):2325967120906806. doi: 10.1177/2325967120906806. PMID: 32215277; PMCID: PMC7065284.
AnkleSprain.com is a new resource designed to help patients explore treatment options for ankle instability. Visit the site to learn more about the technology that can help and hear stories from real patients (see an example below). You can also use the ‘Find A Doctor’ tool on the site to locate a doctor in your area who is experienced in performing InternalBrace ligament augmentation.
Surgeons: Contact your Rock Medical Representative to learn more about how you can be added to AnkleSprain.com.
We are excited to share that Rock Medical has been awarded a Top Workplaces 2020 honor by The Plain Dealer! The award is based solely on employee feedback gathered through a third-party survey administered by employee engagement technology partner Energage, LLC. The anonymous poll uniquely measures 15 drivers of engaged cultures that are critical to the success of any organization: including alignment, execution, and connection, just to name a few.
Below are some highlights from our survey. All responses come directly from our team.
What impresses you most about the values of Rock Medical?
All of Rock’s employees genuinely believe in helping their surgeons treat their patients better. Our work is never about money, and always what is best for the surgeon and the patient outcome. It makes us valuable in the room. It makes us respected in the room. It is the core of our agency, and it’s displayed every day.
What contributes most to you wanting to stay with Rock Medical?
The people I work with. My team is great and I genuinely feel that they want me to do well as a representative.
What do you like about the direction Rock Medical is going?
Rock has not stopped growing and succeeding since I began working here and the potential for further growth is incredible. I am very excited to be a part of Rock and the bright future the company has.
I love my job because…
- It pushes me out of my comfort zone and asks me to be a forward thinker. I get the pleasure of working with a variety of intelligent and creative Rock team members and surgeons.
- I work for a great company, I have great teammates, I sell great products, and hard work is rewarded.
- I get to work with and help surgeons while also having a schedule that allows a great work/personal life balance.
- I get to work side by side with fantastic surgeons each day and my team consistently works hard to meet our mission of helping those surgeons treat their patients better.
- Our products are used to help treat professional athletes, members of our community and even our own loved ones, and behind the scenes, our team makes it all happen. It’s hard to imagine a career more challenging or gratifying!
You can view the full list of winners and our Top Workplace profile here.
Thank you again to our employees for making Rock Medical a great place to work!
Arthrex has temporarily substituted cadaveric surgical skills wet lab education with live virtual medical education presentations in which state-of-the-art digital media technology remotely delivers the most up-to-date information on less invasive orthopedic surgery and orthobiologics to surgeons around the world.
Click here to view the schedule for Arthrex virtual events.